I WAS THINKING…
about Memorial Day. It’s one of the most special days of the year. It’s important that we always remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so we could be a free country. I was touched by the beautiful concert on PBS television that helped us remember. I loved seeing all the flags flying in my neighborhood. I celebrated with hundreds at the concert in the park. I like the way it was noted around the country that Taps was played at three o’clock. We can never forget.
HOW TO PROPELY FOLD THE FLAG
1. Fold the lower, striped section over the blue field.
2. Fold over the folded bottom edge to meet top edge.
3. Begin a triangular fold by bringing the striped corners of the folded edge to the top edge.
4. Turn outer point inward, parallel with top edge, to from second triangle.
5. Continue until final folds ensure only the Union (blue portion with white stars) is showing and the open edges are folded in.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
Don’t push me. I can’t swim.
I smell gas.
But, I’m not afraid.
YOU KNOW YOU’RE OLD…
when you are amused rather than shocked.
when you have a furniture problem. Your chest has fallen into your drawers.
when you realize fun is like insurance, the older you get, the more it cost.
when you no longer worry about getting old because you already are.
HINT TO SAVE ON WATER
(Taken from Easy Does It)
Save on water when you flush the toilet by placing a plastic soda bottle filled with water in the tank. This will cut the amount of water it takes to fill the tank.
Gossip is like poison ivy; it takes little contact to spread.
A sound argument doesn’t require a lot of sound.
Information for this blog is taken from many sources.
Deem reliable at your own risk.
Punch Lines are complimentary of Fr. John Hampsch, C.M.F